The Spain Golden Visa program is a popular residency-by-investment program that allows individuals and their families to obtain Spanish residency by making qualifying investments in Spain. This program is designed to attract foreign investors and entrepreneurs to Spain and has gained popularity due to its flexibility and the benefits it offers. Here are the key features of the Spain Golden Visa program:
1. Eligible Investments:
- To qualify for the Spain Golden Visa, investors must make one of the following qualifying investments in Spain:
- *Real Estate*: Purchasing residential or commercial property with a minimum investment value. The specific investment threshold may vary depending on the location and type of property.
- *Public Debt*: Investing in Spanish public debt securities.
- *Business Investment*: Making a capital investment in a Spanish company or a venture capital fund.
2. Investment Amount:
- The minimum investment amount required for the Spain Golden Visa program varies depending on the type of investment. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, it ranged from €500,000 to €1 million, depending on the investment category.
3. Residency Benefits:
- Successful applicants and their families are granted temporary Spanish residency, which can be renewed periodically as long as the investment is maintained.
- Residency allows visa holders to live, work, and study in Spain.
- Visa holders can also travel within the Schengen Area without the need for additional visas.
4. Family Inclusion:
- The Spain Golden Visa program typically extends to the investor's spouse and dependent children.
5. Path to Permanent Residency:
- After holding temporary residency for several years, investors may become eligible for permanent residency or even Spanish citizenship.
6. No Requirement to Relocate:
- Unlike some other residency programs, Spain's Golden Visa does not require the investor to reside in Spain full-time. This allows investors to maintain their primary residence in another country.
7. Free Movement within Schengen Area:
- Residency through the Spain Golden Visa program allows for visa-free travel and residence within the Schengen Area, comprising 26 European countries.
8. Education and Healthcare:
- Residency provides access to Spain's education and healthcare systems.
9. Financial Documentation:
- Applicants must provide evidence of a clean criminal record and have the financial means to support themselves and their families during their time in Spain.
It's important to note that immigration laws and program details can change over time. As such, it's recommended that you consult with a qualified immigration attorney or a reputable advisory firm specializing in investor visas to get the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the Spain Golden Visa program and its requirements, especially since the program details may have evolved since my last knowledge update in September 2021.
The United Kingdom is experiencing a real estate crisis, but experts rule out a spillover effect in Spain Spaniards lost 5.6 points of purchasing power in 2022, despite the highest increase in salaries.